Friday, March 30, 2012

Abstract , Modern , Minimalist , Surrealism are NOT dirty words!

Why is it that I encounter people that don't think what I create is art? What I need to draw a still life and self portrait to get credit? Well screw that! I have a fond love for illustrators, but that sure as hell isn't me. I get comments like " well can you not draw real things?" Ummm are you really asking me that ridiculous question? Art should speak to you regardless if it is representational or non representational. Not all art appeals to everyone, just like styles of homes, fabrics, foods, cars etc... Instead of criticizing what you don't like or understand EMBRACE IT!!

here are my newest pieces
Shades of Blue Diptych in Circles and Pointillism OOAK- Etsy Treasury
http://www.etsy.com/listing/96281296/shades-of-blue-diptych-in-circles-and
Imagination Series Colorful Mixed Media OOAK- Etsy Treasury
http://www.etsy.com/listing/94757680/imagination-series-colorful-mixed-media

Now for some older works


2 comments:

  1. There are always going to be ignorant people out there, Dora. All we can do is try to educate them and enlighten them to the possibilities that lie within art - ALL art! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. many thanks Pam you are too cool!

    ReplyDelete