Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Struggles

We all struggle within life. Some overcome these struggles while others don't , or wont. For 15+ years I was misdiagnosed with having MVP ( mitral valve prolapse ). One would probably be super pissed off finding out that they didn't have this heart murmur, but me no way. This wrong diagnoses changed me for the better. How you say? Well when I was younger I was HOT tempered, super stubborn, very negative, and took "life" for granted. I began enjoying the simple things like nature, cloud formations, rainy days, spending time with my family and friends, and creating like a mad woman. I soon started understanding that money wasn't everything, and didn't create happiness. You create your own happiness... You and You alone. Many laugh or snicker at me and my way of living, thinking, creating and being, but what they don't understand is I am HAPPY.  My change in attitude helped me through my cervical cancer, the passing of my father, giving birth to my son, and hundreds of more things. To struggle in life and overcome those struggles is very rewarding. Focus on the positive, Focus on tomorrow, Focus on LIVING YOUR LIFE.

8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your story... Your such a sweety... funny how we all have our little Secrets and struggles! ♥ You are definitely one to look up too. TY ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. you ROCK DORA!! you are an inspiration to all......thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome what we come to realize when we do realize our days are numbered isn't it?!?!

    Bring on the sass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dora - I chuckled when I read this, because "Free Spirit" is exactly the two words with which I would describe you. Sass on... (or, in other words, don't ever censor your "sass-hole"!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Dora:) Your sass gives you class;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post Dora! Who cares what others think, just be YOU! <3

    ReplyDelete