Sunday, April 29, 2012

Up down and all around

What do you do when you need to refocus? Sometimes listening to good tunes like some Ziggy Marley, Smashing Pumpkins or even Mazzy Star helps, but not always. Then I try the artistic route... yeah but what if that is your issue?? Long walks, fresh air, chatting with a good friend etc... What if you have tried all your normal meditations and nothing is working? You still feel like you are being pulling in every direction including directions you didn't know were possible.
Is this just a simple slump that I can get over, or is this one of those big ones? That happened to me after I moved from Sarasota to Boynton Beach Florida. I only created art for my students as examples and nothing for myself. It wasn't until my father passed away I had some inspiration and a clear head
( which is odd.)  Then POOF it was gone and I almost had a nervous breakdown.
Yes I have an amazing husband ( don't tell him ), and the most kick ass kid in the world, a roof over my head, food in my belly, a pretty decent  business and good friends, but yet there is a void. Not to mention feeling like I am being pulled in 100 directions at once, and then I feel horrible when I don't accomplish everything.
Gosh even my thoughts are all over the place!

4 comments:

  1. smile, pretty ♥

    maybe try doing something completely new! I'm taking on a new project so that when I get into my "ahhhh what now" phase, i have something to step back and focus on. Not business, not family....just for me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. good advice lady now I just need to figure out what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find what you are looking for. I just cleaned up my sewing area since i'm going to oregon...and you know what? It feels so good! A weight has been lifted! your cruise should ground you and clear your head! I know you will come back refreshed and ready to kick some royal ass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you find out what it is that helps the funk move on it's merry way, let me know. It's hard to be in that position, but I can tell you that you have inspired me- and I hope that your vacation will give you some of what you need. You should unplug from the internet 100%, get back in touch with your family, and yourself. Know that we got your back here, and I know that I am willing to help in any way possible. Need some more bath salts so you can take a hot bath and relax? I can help with that ;) Need someone to help with HMC? Can totally do that. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete